The Houston Association of Realtors website indicates that you are representing the owners of a property currently for sale at XXX in Lancaster Place, Extension X. Please be aware that this particular property carries the deedrestrictions listed below.
- Setback of the house (and other improvements) from the front property line. The front line of the front porch is to be considered the house line. The setback for this property is 25 feet.
- Setback of the garage from the front property line: The deed restrictions state that the garage must be set back from the front property line by 75 feet. It must also be set back 10 feet from side streets. These restrictions apply to similar improvements.
- Fences in the front of the house: No fence is allowed within 35 feet of the front property line, unless it is an iron picket yard fence, no taller than 30 inches, including the coping.
- Orientation of the house: The deed restrictions specify that residences must face onto streets running east and west.
- Prohibition of businesses on the property: The deed restrictions state that the premises shall not “ever be used for any business purposes of any character whatsoever.”
- Life of restrictions: “running with the land.”
In addition to the above deed restrictions, this property is subject to a Minimum Lot Size which is on record with the City of Houston.
The original text of the deed restrictions can be found HERE.
Please communicate this information to prospective buyers of the property in question. The Lancaster Place Civic Association is dedicated to the maintenance of its deed restrictions. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the email address provided below. Thank you for your cooperation.
Lancaster Place Civic Association